Resolute Louisiana Litigators Fight for Your Business
Tenacious attorneys provide strong representation for business owners in the New Orleans area
Businesses can be vulnerable to all sorts of claims from people or organizations looking to advance their own interests. If your company is being sued or you need to hold another party accountable for a breach, aligning yourself with an assertive and highly regarded law firm shows that you will not be bullied into submission. At Everitt & Latham, L.L.C., we assist business owners and corporate boards in the New Orleans area and throughout Louisiana in civil trials in Louisiana and federal courts as well as in alternative dispute resolution. We provide skilled advocacy in a wide range of cases, tackling conflicts with confidence.
Assertive Louisiana lawyers handle breach of contract cases
When a party to a contract fails to perform, that party damages the other business. This damage often goes beyond the immediate inconvenience of getting less than promised by the contract. The breach can also cost you future profits if you are unable to serve your customers as a result. There are a variety of remedies that provide either monetary damages or equitable relief, such as:
- Compensatory damages — Reimbursement for immediate monetary loss
- Consequential and incidental damages — Compensation for additional foreseeable losses caused by the breach
- Attorney fees and costs — Amounts available only if the contract expressly states they are recoverable
- Liquidated damages — Amounts specified in the contract that are payable for particular breaches, such as late or substandard performance
- Specific performance — Court order requiring the breaching party to fulfill the terms of the contract
- Punitive damages — Penalty for a party’s objectionable behavior, meant to punish the breaching party and discourage other parties from acting in a similar manner
- Rescission — Cancellation of the contract, with both sides excused from further performance and payments made under the contract returned
- Reformation — Change in the terms of the contract when the court believes there was an honest misunderstanding by the parties about what was to be performed
The lawyers at Everitt & Latham, L.L.C. are committed to helping business owners achieve the best legal remedy for breach of contract cases, whether they are the plaintiffs or defendants.
Determined attorneys negotiate from a position of strength
Resolving a business dispute outside of court saves companies both time and money. The professionals at Everitt & Latham, L.L.C. aim to have frivolous claims dropped or dismissed and work strategically to negotiate favorable settlements at the bargaining table. We understand the advantages of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), including mediation and arbitration. Our skilled negotiators help our clients get their businesses back on track while avoiding the expense of litigation.
Strong litigators fight for your rights in court
When finding common ground with the other party is not an option, we build strong cases and argue them skillfully before a judge. The potential legal actions may include complaints from employees, customers, other businesses or the government related to:
- Business torts
- Products liability
- Professional liability
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Banking and creditor issues, including lender liability
- Intellectual property, including copyright and trademark infringement
- Antitrust, unfair practices and trade regulation violations
- Breach of warranty
- Construction law
- Environmental law
- Real estate
- Toxic tort
For issues such as these, our determined litigators provide your business with knowledgeable advice and strong advocacy from start to finish.
Contact aggressive Louisiana business litigators today
If your business has been damaged by someone else’s conduct, taking prompt action is crucial. Delaying the exercise of your rights could mean losing them, while recovering damages could mean the difference between profitability and insolvency. Call Everitt & Latham, L.L.C. at 504-571-1901 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation at our New Orleans office.